ARIZONA SWISS FOUNDATION
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2012-13
The scholarship program of the Arizona Swiss Foundation is designed to stimulate and encourage the academic success of the members and children of the Arizona Swiss Society, and of the supporters of the Arizona Swiss Foundation.
The Arizona Swiss Foundation hopes to take a role in developing tomorrow’s leaders by providing scholarship support to deserving students. Scholarships awarded by the Arizona Swiss Foundation have helped many young people achieve their educational goals. High emphasis will be placed on scholastic or vocational merit.
1. Applicants must either be Swiss nationals or of Swiss descent, with at least one grandparent or great-grandparent being a Swiss national
2. Applicants must be a member or a legal dependent of members of the Arizona Swiss Society
3. Applicants must be enrolled or plan to enroll in a college or vocational/technical school for the coming academic year as full-time or part-time students (minimum 6 credit hours per semester)
To be considered for a scholarship award, please complete and submit the scholarship application form with the following documents:
1. Essay (maximum two pages), covering the following points:
a. Educational and career goals
b. Ties to Switzerland and the Arizona Swiss Society
c. Community involvement and service
d. Personal interests
e. What it means to you to receive this scholarship
2. Official transcripts of all course work completed at the college or university level
3. Official High School transcripts including grades for the Senior year (Graduated High school seniors only) Note: Applicants who successfully applied for an Arizona Swiss Foundation scholarship in 2011 need only submit transcripts for course work completed during the past academic year (20011-12)
4. Copies of the ACT, SAT or other college level entrance examination (Graduated High school seniors only)
5. Letters of recommendation from two unrelated individuals, stating the relationship to the applicant
Three grants of $1,500, $1,000 and $500 respectively may be awarded to three qualified students. The selection of recipients is at the sole discretion of a panel of Arizona educators independent of the Arizona Swiss Society. Successful applicants will be notified before the annual Fall Picnic. They will be recognized at this event and are expected to be present for the occasion. Award checks will be made payable to the applicant’s school.
Send the completed application and supportive materials, including transcripts, to:
480 966 9483
For questions, contact Suzanne Steadman. If you cannot reach her, please contact Ruth Brandy at 480 895 6140.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2012
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JULY 31, 2012
Emphasis will be put on timely submission of the application